Working Families Tax Credit
The rising cost of living, coupled with stagnating incomes, means too many families cannot take part in the American promise: If you work hard, you can get ahead in our country. Today, nearly half of Americans don’t have enough cash on hand to cover a $400 unforeseen expense, with significantly worse rates among people of color. Cash gives people the tools to solve their own problems and the Working Families Tax Credit is the beginning of the solution.
What it is
The Working Families Tax Credit is a bold modernization of the Earned Income Tax Credit. It puts cash into working people's pockets.
What it does
- Helps working people face the rising cost of living and housing.
- Fights rising inequality.
- Makes taxes fairer.
- Builds on a $15 minimum wage.
- Benefits half the population.
- Reaches low-income and middle-class families.
- Excites voters seeking new economic solutions.
- Complements an increased $15 minimum wage.
- Provides a pro-worker and pro-family policy that is a bold response to federal tax cuts.
- Provides financial stability to the 40% of workers now in the gig economy, part-time jobs, or other contingent work.
Tell your friends
If you believe in a guaranteed income and you believe the Working Families Tax Credit could help low-income and middle-class families, please share!
Caregivers play an essential role in our communities, but their work often goes unrecognized and unrewarded. It is time to change that. #WorkingFamiliesTaxCredit
If we want to invest in the future, we need tax cuts for students, not billionaires. #WorkingFamiliesTaxCredit
Share your story with us
How would a Working Families Tax Credit help you and your family?
GET EMAIL UPDATES
Sign up to get email updates on the campaign and to find out about local events in your city.